P0133 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA - HO2S11 Circuit Slow Response 3ZZ-FE Engine
P0133 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
- EFI Relay
Cost of diagnosing the P0133 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0133 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0133 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA code detected?The response of the voltage signal from the sensor takes more than the specified time.
P0133 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0133 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA MeaningThe front heated oxygen sensor (or O2 sensor 1) is placed into the exhaust manifold. It detects the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to the outside air. The heated oxygen sensor 1 has a closed-end tube made of ceramic zirconia. The zirconia generates voltage from approximately 1V in richer conditions to 0V in leaner conditions. The heated oxygen sensor 1 signal is sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM adjusts the injection pulse duration to achieve the ideal air-fuel ratio.
Lean 0.35 V or less
Rich 0.45 V or more