P0131 2013 NISSAN ROGUE - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0131 2013 Nissan Rogue Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
P0131 2013 Nissan Rogue Tech Notes
Replacing the O2 Sensor 1 Bank 1 usually takes care of the problem.
When is the code detected?
The response of the voltage signal from the sensor takes more than the specified time.
P0131 2013 Nissan Rogue Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0131 2013 Nissan Rogue Meaning
The front heated oxygen sensor (or O2 sensor 1) is placed into the exhaust manifold. It detects the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to the outside air. The heated oxygen sensor 1 has a closed-end tube made of ceramic zirconia. The zirconia generates voltage from approximately 1V in richer conditions to 0V in leaner conditions. The heated oxygen sensor 1 signal is sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM
). The ECM
adjusts the injection pulse duration to achieve the ideal air-fuel ratio. The ideal air-fuel ratio occurs near the radical change from 1V to 0V.