P0131 2011 FORD FOCUS - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0131 2011 FORD FOCUS Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
How do I fix code P0131 2011 FORD FOCUS?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0131 2011 FORD FOCUS code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0131 2011 FORD FOCUS code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The voltage signal from the sensor is lower than the specified time.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0131 2011 FORD FOCUS MeaningThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) for a circuit concern. The test fails when the PCM detects a concern with one of the circuits used to determine the oxygen content in the exhaust gas.
P0131 2011 FORD FOCUS More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0131 2011 FORD FOCUS code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals