P0130 2000 TOYOTA ECHO - Oxygen Sensor Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0130 2000 TOYOTA ECHO Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
Cost of diagnosing the P0130 2000 TOYOTA ECHO code
The cost of diagnosing the P0130 2000 TOYOTA ECHO code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0130 2000 TOYOTA ECHO code detected?
The response of the voltage signal from the sensor takes more than the specified time.
P0130 2000 TOYOTA ECHO Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0130 2000 TOYOTA ECHO Meaning
The front heated oxygen sensor (or O2 sensor 1) is placed into the exhaust manifold. It detects the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to the outside air. The heated oxygen sensor 1 has a closed-end tube made of ceramic zirconia. The zirconia generates voltage from approximately 1V in richer conditions to 0V in leaner conditions. The heated oxygen sensor 1 signal is sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM
). The ECM
adjusts the injection pulse duration to achieve the ideal air-fuel ratio. The ideal air-fuel ratio occurs near the radical change from 1V to 0V.