P0128 2013 NISSAN ROGUE - Thermostat Function
- Leaking or stuck open thermostat
- Low engine coolant level
- Insufficient warm up time
- Faulty engine coolant temperature sensor
- Engine coolant temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
If cooling system is not leaking and the fluid level is OK, replacing the thermostat usually takes care of the problem.
When is the code detected?
The engine coolant temperature does not reach to specified temperature even though the engine has run long enough.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0128 2013 Nissan Rogue Description
The thermostat is a component that blocks the flow of coolant to the radiator until the engine has warmed up. When the engine is cold, no coolant flows through the engine. Once the engine reaches its operating temperature, the thermostat opens. The OBDII sets when the engine coolant temperature has not risen enough to open the thermostat even though the engine has run long enough. This is due to a leak in the seal or the thermostat open stuck.