P0128 2002 FORD F150 - Coolant Thermostat Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature
P0128 2002 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Leaking or stuck open thermostat
- Low engine coolant level
- Insufficient warm up time
- Faulty engine coolant temperature sensor
- Engine coolant temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
P0128 2002 FORD F150 Tech NotesIf cooling system is not leaking and the fluid level is OK, replacing the thermostat usually takes care of the problem.
Indicates that the Thermostat Monitor has not achieved the required engine operating temperature level within a specified amount of time after starting the engine.
Cost of diagnosing the P0128 2002 FORD F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0128 2002 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0128 2002 FORD F150 code detected?The engine coolant temperature does not reach to specified temperature even though the engine has run long enough.
P0128 2002 FORD F150 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)