P0118 2007 SCION XB - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input
- Low engine coolant level
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
- Faulty engine coolant thermostat
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor electrical circuit poor connection
Replacing the Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor usually fixes the problem.
When is the code detected?
An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to ECM.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0118 2007 Scion Xb Description
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT
) sensor is used to detect the engine coolant temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM
). The modified signal returns to the ECM
as the engine coolant temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.