P0116 2000 TOYOTA ECHO - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0116 2000 TOYOTA ECHO Possible Causes
- Low Engine Coolant Level
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
- Faulty Engine Coolant Thermostat
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Cooling System
Cost of diagnosing the P0116 2000 TOYOTA ECHO code
The cost of diagnosing the P0116 2000 TOYOTA ECHO code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0116 2000 TOYOTA ECHO code detected?
Coolant temperature signal sent to the ngine Control Module (ECM) is not within specified range.
P0116 2000 TOYOTA ECHO Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0116 2000 TOYOTA ECHO Meaning
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT
) sensor is used to detect the engine coolant temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM
). The modified signal returns to the ECM
as the engine coolant temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.