P0115 2007 SCION XB - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Malfunction
P0115 2007 Scion Xb Possible Causes
- Low engine coolant level
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
- Faulty engine coolant thermostat
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
P0115 2007 Scion Xb Tech Notes
Replacing the Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor usually fixes the problem.
When is the code detected?
An excessively low or high voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
P0115 2007 Scion Xb Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0115 2007 Scion Xb Meaning
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT
) sensor is used to detect the engine coolant temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM
). The modified signal returns to the ECM
as the engine coolant temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.