P0115 2000 TOYOTA ECHO - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit
- Low Engine Coolant Level
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
- Faulty Engine Coolant Thermostat
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
An excessively low or high voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0115 2000 Toyota Echo Description
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT
) sensor is used to detect the engine coolant temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM
). The modified signal returns to the ECM
as the engine coolant temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.