P0107 CHEVROLET - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input
- Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor
- Manifold Absolute Pressure harness is open or shorted
- Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine rough idle
- Engine hesitation
P0107 Chevrolet Description
The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor provides instantaneous manifold pressure information to the engine's Engine Control Module (ECM). The data is used to calculate air density and determine the engine's air mass flow rate, which in turn determines the required fuel metering for optimum combustion. A fuel-injected engine may alternately use a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor to detect the intake airflow.