P0096 2007 FORD FUSION - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Range/Performance
- Faulty Intake Air Temperature Sensor
- Faulty Map Senor/Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2
- Map Senor/Intake Air Temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Map Senor/Intake Air Temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Try to clean the Intake Air Temperature sensor (built in the air flow meter) and the Map Senor/Intake Air Temperature sensor 2 with mass air flow sensor cleaner.
When is the code detected?
The Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected a performance fault with the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0096 2007 Ford Fusion Description
The Intake Air Temperature
(IAT) sensor contains a semiconductor device which changes the resistance based on the temperature (a thermistor). The IAT sensor is located in the air intake passage of the engine air induction system. The IAT sensor has a signal circuit and a ground circuit.