P0089 GMC - Fuel Pressure 1 Control Performance
- Faulty fuel pressure sensor
- Fuel pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel pressure sensor electrical circuit poor connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
If the fuel rail pressure sensor indicates a pressure more than 20 MPa greater than desired, diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0089 will set.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0089 Gmc Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) uses commanded fuel pump flow to determine a desired fuel rail pressure. The actual fuel pressure is monitored using the Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor.