P0068 CHEVROLET - MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation
- Air leak between the MAF sensor and throttle body
- Dirty Throttle body or Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
- Throttle Position (TP) sensor not seated properly
- Faulty Throttle Position (TP) sensor
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0068 Chevrolet Description
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses the Throttle Position (TP), Barometric Pressure (BARO), Intake Air Temperature (IAT), and engine RPM in order to calculate the predicted mass airflow rate. The PCM compares the predicted Mass Air Flow (MAF) value to the actual mass airflow value and the speed density calculation in order to verify the proper throttle operation.