P0068 2007 FORD FUSION - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow Sensor - Throttle Position Correlation
P0068 2007 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
- Large vacuum leak
- Leaking air duct system
- Mass Air Flow (MAF) poor electrical connection
- Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) poor electrical connection
- Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor
- TP sensor not seated properly
- Faulty Throttle Position (TP) sensor
P0068 2007 Ford Fusion Tech Notes
Check for intake leaks if none are found, you can try to clean the air flow meter with mass air flow sensor cleaner and the throttle plate which gets dirty and may cause the Throttle Position (TP) sensor to give an incorrect reading.
When is the code detected?
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors operation rationality check by comparing sensed throttle position to mass air flow readings
P0068 2007 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0068 2007 Ford Fusion Meaning
The powertrain control module (PCM
) monitors a vehicle operation rationality check by comparing sensed throttle position to mass air flow readings. If during a key on engine running(KOER) self-test, the comparison of the throttle position (TP) sensor and MAF
sensor readings are not consistent with the calibrated load values, the test fails and a DTC is stored in continuous memory.