P0050 2007 FORD FUSION - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1
P0050 2007 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit open shorted to ground
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
P0050 2007 Ford Fusion Tech Notes
The code means that there is a problem with the heater element circuit of the heated oxygen sensor. Water getting inside the heated oxygen sensor connector can caused the heated oxygen sensor fuse to blow, which is a very common problem for this type codes. Before replacing the sensor, check for the condition of the heated oxygen sensor fuse and connectors.
When is the code detected?
The P0050 is set when the ECM detects an open or shorted to ground condition on the heated oxygen sensor heater circuit
P0050 2007 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0050 2007 Ford Fusion Meaning
The powertrain control module (PCM
) monitors the heater in the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) for correct operation. The PCM
controls the heater on/off duty cycle to maintain a temperature of 780°C (1,436°F). The test fails when the sensor does not warm up to the required temperature in a calibrated amount of time. The test also fails when the PCM
is not able to maintain the required temperature after the sensor is warm.