P0040 2007 FORD FUSION - Oxygen Sensor Signal Swapped Bank 1 Sensor 1 / Bank 2 Sensor 1
P0040 2007 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Crossed HO2S harness connectors
- Crossed HO2S wiring at the harness connectors
- Crossed HO2S wiring at the PCM connectors
- Bank 1 Sensor 1 / Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Bank 1 Sensor 1 / Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit connectors (wrong connection)
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How is the P0040 2007 FORD FUSION code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0040 2007 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0040 2007 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0040 2007 FORD FUSION MeaningThe heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) monitor determines if the HO2S signal response for a fuel shift corresponds to the correct engine bank. The test fails when there is no response from the HO2S being tested.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0040 2007 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals