P0030 2009 FORD FUSION - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0030 2009 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit open shorted to ground
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
P0030 2009 Ford Fusion Tech Notes
If the sensor and connector are OK, replacing the O2 Sensor 1 usually takes care of the problem.
When is the code detected?
The P0030 is set when the ECM detects an open or shorted to ground condition on the heated oxygen sensor heater circuit
P0030 2009 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0030 2009 Ford Fusion Meaning
The powertrain control module (PCM
) monitors the heater in the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) for correct operation. The PCM
controls the heater on/off duty cycle to maintain a temperature of 780°C (1,436°F). The test fails when the sensor does not warm up to the required temperature in a calibrated amount of time. The test also fails when the PCM
is not able to maintain the required temperature after the sensor is warm.