P0022 2012 FORD FUSION - Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over-Retarded Bank 2
P0022 2012 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Variable Camshaft Timing solenoid stuck open
- Continuous oil flow to the VCT piston chamber
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the VCT valve body
- VCT solenoid valve stuck open
- Open or short in the VCT circuit
- Open VPWR circuit
- Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
- Damaged VCT phaser
- Damaged camshaft position (CMP) sensor
- Open or short in the CMP sensor circuits
- Radio frequency interference (RFI) interference
First diagnose P0022 2012 FORD FUSION code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
P0022 2012 FORD FUSION Tech NotesDirty oil can clog the small holes in the VCT valve. Start by replacing your oil (with the recommended oil weight) and oil filter, if you have not replaced in the recommended oil change interval.
Cost of diagnosing the P0022 2012 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0022 2012 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0022 2012 FORD FUSION Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0022 2012 FORD FUSION MeaningThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the variable camshaft timing (VCT) position for an over-advanced camshaft timing. The test fails when the camshaft timing exceeds a maximum calibrated value or remains in an retarded position.
P0022 2012 FORD FUSION More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0022 2012 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals