P0021 FORD - Intake Camshaft Position Timing Over Advance Bank 2
P0021 FORD Possible Causes
- Incorrect camshaft timing
- Faulty Valve Control Timing (VCT) position solenoid
- Valve Control Timing (VCT) position circuit is open or shorted
- Valve Control Timing (VCT) position circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0021 FORD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0021 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0021 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0021 FORD MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected the Valve Control Timing (VCT) position in an over advance condition- Camshaft timing over advanced
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0021 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals