P0017 CHRYSLER - Crankshaft-Camshaft Timing Misalignment Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0017 CHRYSLER Possible Causes
- Engine oil dirty
- Incorrect engine viscosity
- Crankshaft position sensor circuit is open or shorted
- Camshaft position sensor circuit is open or shorted
- Faulty crankshaft position sensor
- Faulty camshaft position sensor
- Timing gear misalign
First diagnose P0017 CHRYSLER code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P0017 CHRYSLER code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0017 CHRYSLER code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0017 CHRYSLER Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0017 CHRYSLER MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the deviation between the cam and crankshaft position has exceeded the maximum acceptable value
P0017 CHRYSLER More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0017 CHRYSLER code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals