P0016 KIA - Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correction- Bank 1 Sensor 'A'
P0016 Kia Possible Causes
- Faulty Crankshaft Position
- Crankshaft Position harness is open or shorted circuit.
- Crankshaft Position circuit poor electrical connector
- Faulty Camshaft Position
- Camshaft Position harness is open or shorted circuit.
- Camshaft Position circuit poor electrical connector
- Incorrect timing
- Engine mechanical problems
- Damaged Engine Control Module (ECM)
P0016 Kia Tech NotesThere is a factory service bulletin for the following KIA models:
The bulletin provides information on how to inspect and diagnose problems related to the Oil Control Valve (OCV) used in Constant Variable Valve Timing (CVVT), if at any time the OCV is suspected as the caused of rough idling, poor acceleration, camshaft timing misalignment-related trouble codes, misfire-related trouble codes.
Bulletin: Kia Constant Variable Valve Timing Oil Control Valve Inspection
When is the code detected?If the relative angle between CKPS and CMPS is out of the threshold value, the ECM determines that a
P0016 Kia Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle