P0016 2008 KIA SORENTO - Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correction- Bank 1 Sensor 'A'
P0016 2008 Kia Sorento Possible Causes
- Faulty Crankshaft Position
- Crankshaft Position harness is open or shorted circuit.
- Crankshaft Position circuit poor electrical connector
- Faulty Camshaft Position
- Camshaft Position harness is open or shorted circuit.
- Camshaft Position circuit poor electrical connector
- Incorrect timing
- Engine mechanical problems
- Damaged Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
If the relative angle between CKPS and CMPS is out of the threshold value, the ECM determines that a fault exist and it set the P0016.
P0016 2008 Kia Sorento Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0016 2008 Kia Sorento Meaning
The Camshaft Position Sensor (CMPS) and the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS) are hall effect type of sensors that generate voltage using a sensor and a target wheel. Then CMPS signal is sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM) and the ECM uses the its signal for synchronizing the firing of sequential fuel injectors. And the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS) is sent to the ECM and it calculates engine RPM by using CKPS's signal and controls the injection duration and the ignition timing.