P0016 2007 FORD FUSION - Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor 'A'
P0016 2007 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Camshaft timing incorrectly set
- Continuous oil flow to the Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) piston chamber
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the VCT valve body
- VCT solenoid stuck in position
- Faulty Variable Camshaft Timing
- Variable Camshaft Timing harness is open or shorted
- Variable Camshaft Timing circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged camshaft position (CMP) sensor
- Open or short in the CMP sensor circuits
- Radio frequency interference (RFI) interference
How is the P0016 2007 FORD FUSION code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0016 2007 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0016 2007 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0016 2007 FORD FUSION MeaningThis Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) position misalignment between the camshaft and crankshaft. The test fails when the misalignment is one tooth or greater. This DTC can also set due to VCT system concerns (oil contamination or VCT solenoid stuck).
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0016 2007 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals