P0016 2006 FORD FUSION - Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor 'A'
P0016 2006 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Camshaft timing incorrectly set
- Continuous oil flow to the VCT piston chamber
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the VCT valve body
- VCT solenoid stuck in position
- Open or short in the VCT circuit
- Open VPWR circuit
- Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
- Damaged VCT phaser
- Damaged camshaft position (CMP) sensor
- Open or short in the CMP sensor circuits
- Radio frequency interference (RFI) interference
First diagnose P0016 2006 FORD FUSION code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P0016 2006 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0016 2006 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0016 2006 FORD FUSION Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0016 2006 FORD FUSION MeaningThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the variable camshaft timing (VCT) position for a misalignment between the camshaft and crankshaft. The test fails when the misalignment is 1 tooth or greater. This DTC can also be set due to VCT system concerns (oil contamination or VCT solenoid stuck).
P0016 2006 FORD FUSION More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0016 2006 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals