P0016 2005 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER - Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor 'A'
- Dirty Oil
- Faulty Variable Valve Timing (VVT) sensor
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) sensor circuit is open or shorted
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) sensor poor electrical connection
- Damaged Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0016 2005 Toyota Highlander Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) controls the Oil Control Valve (OCV) to regulate the intake camshaft angle. As a result of the angle change, the engine timing is advance or retard. Optimizing engine timing will help the engine improve torque and fuel economy, and the exhaust emissions decrease under overall driving conditions. The Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system includes the Oil Control Valve (OCV) and VVT controller. The ECM detects the actual intake valve timing using signals from the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors, and performs feedback control.