P0011 SCION - Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1
- Low or Dirty Engine Oil
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) circuit is open or shorted
- Oil Control Valve (OCV) circuit is open or shorted
- Faulty variable valve timing (VVT)
- Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
- Damaged Engine Control Module (ECM)
Tech notesThere is a factory service bulletin for following Scion models.
2005-2006 Scion xA
2006-2006 Scion xB
Scion Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0011
When is the code detected?After the ECM sends the target duty cycle signal to the OCV, the ECM monitors the OCV current to establish an actual duty cycle. The ECM determines the existence of a malfunction and sets the DTC when the actual duty cycle ratio varies from the target duty cycle ratio.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle