P0011 2005 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER - Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1
- Low or Dirty Engine Oil
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) circuit is open or shorted
- Oil Control Valve (OCV) circuit is open or shorted
- Faulty variable valve timing (VVT)
- Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
- Damaged ECM
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0011 2005 Toyota Highlander Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) controls the Oil Control Valve (OCV) to regulate the intake camshaft angle. As a result of the angle change, the engine timing is advance or retard. Optimizing engine timing will help the engine improve torque and fuel economy, and the exhaust emissions decrease under overall driving conditions. The Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system includes the Oil Control Valve (OCV) and VVT controller. The ECM detects the actual intake valve timing using signals from the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors, and performs feedback control.