P000A VOLKSWAGEN - 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 1
P000A VOLKSWAGEN Possible Causes
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the variable camshaft timing (VCT) valve body
- Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
- Damaged VCT phaser
- Radio frequency interference (RFI)
Cost of diagnosing the P000A VOLKSWAGEN code
The cost of diagnosing the P000A VOLKSWAGEN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P000A VOLKSWAGEN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P000A VOLKSWAGEN Meaning
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM
) monitors and evaluates the response of the actual position on a target position change. The setpoint and camshaft position are saved at the beginning of a setpoint change. If this change over time is large enough (gradient), the camshaft phasing change is evaluated. If the change after the diagnostic time is smaller than a threshold, a slow response is detected, and if the value is greater, then there is no concern. By detecting a concern, an antibounce counter is incremented otherwise the counter is decremented. If the counter exceeds an adjustable limit, the P000A is set.