C1783 JAGUAR - Parking Brake Release Switch Short To Ground
C1783 JAGUAR Possible Causes
- Faulty Parking Brake Release Switch
- Parking Brake Release Switch harness is open or shorted
- Parking Brake Release Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Electric Parking Brake (EPB) Module
How do I fix code C1783 JAGUAR
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the C1783 JAGUAR code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C1783 JAGUAR code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
C1783 JAGUAR Possible Symptoms
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1783 JAGUAR MeaningThe Electric Parking Brake (EPB) Module monitors the Parking Brake Release Switch. The EPB Module sets the OBDII code when the Parking Brake Release Switch is not to factory specifications.
C1783 JAGUAR More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C1783 JAGUAR code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals