C1769 JAGUAR - Parking Brake Apply Switch Short To Ground
C1769 JAGUAR Possible Causes
- Faulty Parking Brake Apply Switch
- Parking Brake Apply Switch harness is open or shorted
- Parking Brake Apply Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Electric Parking Brake (EPB) Module
How is the C1769 JAGUAR code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the C1769 JAGUAR code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the C1769 JAGUAR code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1769 JAGUAR MeaningThe Electric Parking Brake (EPB) Module monitors the Parking Brake Apply Switch. The EPB Module sets the OBDII code when the Parking Brake Apply Switch is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C1769 JAGUAR code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals