C1212 HYUNDAI - Vehicle Speed Input Malfunction
C1212 HYUNDAI Possible Causes
- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Vehicle Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Vehicle Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Cost of diagnosing the C1212 HYUNDAI code
The cost of diagnosing the C1212 HYUNDAI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
C1212 HYUNDAI Possible Symptoms
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1212 HYUNDAI Meaning
The Vehicle Speed Sensor, located at speedometer driven gear of transaxles, applies the principal of Hall-effect. As output shaft of transaxle rotates, the rotation of the rotor, which is inside the sensor, generates Hall-effect and outputs a digital pulse. EPS CM detects vehicle speed, based on the digital pulse signal, and controls the solenoid valve current which controls the driving force of the steering wheel.