C1161 HYUNDAI - Brake Light Switch Failure
C1161 HYUNDAI Possible Causes
- Faulty Brake Light Switch
- Brake Light Switch harness is open or shorted
- Brake Light Switch circuit poor electrical connection
Cost of diagnosing the C1161 HYUNDAI code
The cost of diagnosing the C1161 HYUNDAI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
C1161 HYUNDAI Possible Symptoms
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1161 HYUNDAI Meaning
The brake light switch indicates brake pedal status to the ABS control unit. The switch is turned on when the brake is applied. The brake light switch is a normally-open contact which runs to battery voltage when active (brake operated). When passive (brake not operated), the cable is grounded via the brake light bulbs. The brake light switch is not monitored if the valve relay drops out, or in the event of low voltage or overvoltage.