C102A MITSUBISHI - Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor Performance
- Faulty Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor
- Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C102a Mitsubishi DescriptionThe wheel speed sensor is a kind of a pulse generator. It consists of encoders (a plate on which north and south pole sides of the magnets are arranged alternately) for detecting the wheel speed which rotates at the same speed of the wheels and wheel speed sensors. This sensor outputs frequency pulse signals in proportion to the wheel speed.
The pulse signals, which the wheel speed sensor creates, are sent to Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module. ABS uses the frequency of the pulse signals to determine the wheel speed.