C1016 SUZUKI Possible Causes
- Faulty Brake Light Switch
- Brake Light Switch harness is open or shorted
- Brake Light Switch circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose C1016 SUZUKI code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the C1016 SUZUKI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C1016 SUZUKI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
C1016 SUZUKI Possible Symptoms
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1016 SUZUKI MeaningThe Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module monitors the Brake Light Switch. The ABS Module sets the OBDII code when the Brake Light Switch is not to factory specifications.
C1016 SUZUKI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C1016 SUZUKI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals