- Faulty Front Axle Motor Actuator
- Front Axle Motor Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Front Axle Motor Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0379 Saab DescriptionThe front axle control circuit consists of an electric motor actuator, which engages and disengages the front axle. The front axle actuator motor consists of a permanent magnetic motor, a worm gear controlled plunger, a front axle switch and an electronic control circuit, all within the actuator assembly.
The front axle actuator consists of the following circuits:
- The front axle control circuit, which is also connected to the transfer case shift control module
- The front axle switch circuit, which is also connected to the transfer case shift control module
- An ignition 3 voltage circuit
- A ground circuit
When a shift to AUTO 4WD, 4HI or 4LO is requested, the transfer case shift control module engages the front axle by grounding the front axle control circuit through a current limiting driver.
This DTC detects a short to ground, short to voltage or an open circuit.