C0379 OLDSMOBILE Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Axle Motor Actuator
- Front Axle Motor Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Front Axle Motor Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose C0379 OLDSMOBILE code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the C0379 OLDSMOBILE code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C0379 OLDSMOBILE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
C0379 OLDSMOBILE Possible Symptoms
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0379 OLDSMOBILE MeaningThe front axle control circuit consists of an electric motor actuator, which engages and disengages the front axle. The front axle actuator motor consists of a permanent magnetic motor, a worm gear controlled plunger, a front axle switch and an electronic control circuit, all within the actuator assembly.
The front axle actuator consists of the following circuits:
- The front axle control circuit, which is also connected to the transfer case shift control module
- The front axle switch circuit, which is also connected to the transfer case shift control module
- An ignition 3 voltage circuit
- A ground circuit
When a shift to AUTO 4WD, 4HI or 4LO is requested, the transfer case shift control module engages the front axle by grounding the front axle control circuit through a current limiting driver.
This DTC detects a short to ground, short to voltage or an open circuit.
C0379 OLDSMOBILE More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C0379 OLDSMOBILE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals