- Faulty Transfer Case Motor/Encoder
- Transfer Case Motor/Encoder harness is open or shorted
- Transfer Case Motor/Encoder circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesThere is factory service bulletin with the following information:
The speed sensor signal may have become corrupted. Possible openings in the speed sensor wire insulation (twisted pairs) can allow water intrusion. Also, wire connections contaminated by water may result in short circuits and erroneous speed sensor readings. This most often occurs on the rear speed sensor circuit.
Correct problem by inspecting the wiring harness to the transfer case speed sensors. Completely inspect and test all wiring. Replace the affected twisted pairs.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)