B2799 TOYOTA - Engine Immobilizer Malfunction
- Faulty Key
- Faulty transponder key amplifier
- Faulty Transponder Key Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Transponder key amplifier wire harness
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
- Communication ID is different during communication with transponder key ECU
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B2799 Toyota Description
This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is output when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects errors in communication between the Transponder Key Electronic Control Unit (ECU) assembly and the ECM, or in the communication lines.
This DTC is also output when an engine start is attempted while the ECU communication ID between the transponder key ECU assembly and the ECM is different.
Before troubleshooting for this DTC, make sure that there is no DTC detected in the transponder key ECU. If there is a key code-related DTC detected in the transponder key ECU assy, repair it first.