B229B JAGUAR Code - Occupant Classification System Obstruction
|B229B JAGUAR code possible causes
- A foreign object placed under or contacting the passenger seat
- Faulty Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) System Component
|How is the B229B JAGUAR code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B229B JAGUAR code
The cost to diagnose the B229B JAGUAR code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B229B JAGUAR code possible symptoms?
|What is B229B JAGUAR code meaning?
The Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) system is used to classify the front passenger seat occupant in the event of a deployable impact.
The Occupant Classification Sensor Module (OCSM) monitors the weight sensors and circuitry for faults. If the OCSM detects an obstruction on one or all OCS weight sensors, it will store DTC B229B in memory and send a message to the restraints control module (RCM) which sends a message to the Instrument Cluster (IC) module to illuminates the air bag indicator.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.