B229A JAGUAR - Occupant Classification System Contamination
B229A JAGUAR Possible Causes
- A foreign object within an occupant classification sensor rail
- Faulty Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) System Component
How do I fix code B229A JAGUAR
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B229A JAGUAR code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B229A JAGUAR code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B229A JAGUAR Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B229A JAGUAR MeaningThe Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) system is used to classify the front passenger seat occupant in the event of a deployable impact.
The Occupant Classification Sensor Module (OCSM) monitors the 2 OCS rails (weight sensors) and circuity for faults. If the OCSM detects an object within the OCS rails, it will store DTC B229A in memory and send a message to the restraints control module (RCM) which sends a message to the instrument cluster (IC) module to illuminates the air bag indicator.
B229A JAGUAR More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B229A JAGUAR code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.