B2296 JAGUAR Possible Causes
- Faulty Impact Sensor
- Impact Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Impact Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
How do I fix code B2296 JAGUAR
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B2296 JAGUAR code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B2296 JAGUAR code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B2296 JAGUAR Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B2296 JAGUAR MeaningThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) continuously communicates with all impact sensors for external and internal sensor data. The RCM also continuously monitors all of the impact sensor circuits for a short to voltage, short to ground and open circuits. If the RCM detects any communication or circuit faults with any of the impact sensors, it will store DTC B2296 in memory and send a message to the instrument cluster (IC) module to illuminate the air bag warning indicator.
B2296 JAGUAR More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B2296 JAGUAR code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.