B2292 JAGUAR - Restraint System Seatbelt Pretensioner Fault
B2292 JAGUAR Possible Causes
- Faulty Safety Belt Retractor Pretensioner
- Safety Belt Retractor Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Safety Belt Retractor Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
How do I fix code B2292 JAGUAR
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B2292 JAGUAR code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B2292 JAGUAR code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B2292 JAGUAR Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B2292 JAGUAR MeaningThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) continuously monitors the safety belt retractor pretensioner circuits for an acceptable resistance range, unacceptable voltage and shorts to ground. The RCM will set on-demand and store Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B2292 in memory if any of these conditions are detected to be outside of their respectful range. If the RCM detects a fault, it will send a message to the instrument cluster (IC) module to illuminate the air bag warning indicator.
As the RCM continuously monitors safety belt retractor pretensioner circuits for resistance, it expects a normal resistance between 1.31 and 4.29 ohms.
If a loop resistance is between 0.9 and 1.31 or between 4.29 and 5 ohms, there exists a strong potential for an intermittent fault, a DTC may or may not set. The RCM will also set an on-demand DTC if the loop resistance is less than 0.9 ohm or greater than 5 ohms.
B2292 JAGUAR More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B2292 JAGUAR code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.