B2290 JAGUAR Code - Occupant Classification System Fault
|B2290 JAGUAR code possible causes
- Faulty Occupant Classification System Module (OCSM)
- Occupant Classification System Module (OCSM) harness is open or shorted
- Occupant Classification System Module (OCSM) circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B2290 JAGUAR code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B2290 JAGUAR code
The cost to diagnose the B2290 JAGUAR code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B2290 JAGUAR code possible symptoms?
|What is B2290 JAGUAR code meaning?
The Occupant Classification System Module (OCSM) monitors the pressure sensor and circuity for faults. If a fault is detected, the OCSM will store DTC B2290 in memory and send a message to the Restraints Control Module (RCM).
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.