B1617 - Wiper Rear Disable Switch Circuit Short To Battery
B1617 Possible Causes
- Faulty Wiper Rear Disable Switch
- Wiper Rear Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Wiper Rear Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1617 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1617 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1617 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1617 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Wiper Rear Disable Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Wiper Rear Disable Switch is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1617 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals