B1616 Possible Causes
- Faulty Wiper Rear Disable Switch
- Wiper Rear Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Wiper Rear Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1616
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1616 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1616 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1616 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1616 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Wiper Rear Disable Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Wiper Rear Disable Switch is not to factory specifications.
B1616 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1616 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals