B1611 Possible Causes
- Faulty Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch
- Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch harness is open or shorted
- Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
First diagnose B1611 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1611 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1611 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1611 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1611 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch is not to factory specifications.
B1611 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1611 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals