B1606 Possible Causes
- Faulty Lamp Anti-Theft Indicator
- Lamp Anti-Theft Indicator harness is open or shorted
- Lamp Anti-Theft Indicator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1606
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1606 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1606 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1606 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1606 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Lamp Anti-Theft Indicator. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Lamp Anti-Theft Indicator is not to factory specifications.
B1606 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1606 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals