B15C4 - Airbag Signal Malfunction/Not Input
B15C4 Possible Causes
- Faulty Center Airbag Sensor Assembly
- Center Airbag Sensor Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Center Airbag Sensor Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Data Communication Module (DCM) (Telematics Transceiver)
How do I fix code B15C4?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B15C4 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B15C4 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B15C4 MeaningIf the Data Communication Module (DCM) (Telematics Transceiver) detects an error in communication between the DCM (Telematics Transceiver) and the Center Airbag Sensor Assembly as a result of the DCM (Telematics Transceiver) self check, this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set.
B15C4 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B15C4 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the B15c4 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.