B1578 Code - Lamp Park Input Circuit Short To Ground
|B1578 code possible causes
- Faulty Headlamp Switch
- Headlamp Switch harness is open or shorted
- Headlamp Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Smart Junction Box (SJB)
|How is the B1578 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1578 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1578 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1578 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1578 code meaning?The Smart Junction Box (SJB) monitors the parking lamp request input from the headlamp switch. The SJB provides a ground for the parking lamp relay coil (integrated into the SJB ) when a request for the parking lamps is received. When the parking lamp relay is energized, voltage is routed to the rear and front parking lamps. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the SJB detects a short to ground from the parking lamps on input circuit.
|Need more information with the B1578 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1578 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1578 code information for specific makes
- B1578 CHRYSLER Audio Antenna Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
- B1578 DODGE Audio Antenna Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
- B1578 FORD Lamp Park Input Circuit Short To Ground
- B1578 JEEP Audio Antenna Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
- B1578 LINCOLN Lamp Park Input Circuit Short To Ground
- B1578 MERCURY Lamp Park Input Circuit Short To Ground
- B1578 RAM Audio Antenna Circuit Resistance Below Threshold